4 Reasons To Use Video In Marketing
As marketers, we are constantly looking for ways to help our clients or companies stay cutting edge and relevant in an ever changing business world. From SEO to social media to CRMs, it’s our job to keep our clients and companies abreast of what is working and what is not.
That’s why, if you have not integrating video marketing by now, you may be behind the curve.
Some quick facts about video you should know, according to Hubspot.
- Product videos can increase purchases by 144%.
- 53% of smartphone users feel more favorable toward companies whose mobile site or apps provide instructional video content.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube video a week.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Video Marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- Of those polled, 81% saw an increase in sales and a 53% reduction in support calls
Here are 4 reasons video needs to be in your marketing strategy.
1) Video is what consumers want to see.
Right now, video is the fastest way to communicate with consumers on product features, how to use them, and how to acquire the product. Hubspot reported that 54% of consumers want to see video over any other form of content and in 2017, 74% of all internet traffic came from video.
Bottom line, video is what people want to see and what they are looking for from brands.
2) Video increases conversion rate and sales.
How many of us have spent hours mulling over how to increase our conversion rates and decrease our bounce rates? Statistics have shown that video marketing is one of the best ways to do that. Just including a video on your landing page may help increase your conversion rate by 80%. In fact, just including the word “video” in the subject line in an email has shown to increase open rate by up to 19%. Video sells.
3) Video increases brand awareness.
When creating video, you can use it in multiple ways and with different purpose. You can use a video to increase brand awareness to engage consumers, another to encourage brand engagement and inspire lead conversions, and yet another to explain product features. Each video is another rung in the brand awareness ladder as consumers climb.
4) Video is the most efficient form of communication.
In the time it would take you read a product manual, figure out the strange pictures, or listen through audio tutorial, video can communicate the information of all 3. Video communicates 1,000Xs faster than written text. Consider how a 90 minute movie can successfully tell the story of a 1200 page novel. Or a 2 minute video walk you through 20 pages of assembly instructions. As marketers, our job is to inform our consumers of our brand or product, shouldn’t we use the most efficient communication channel?
Are you convinced that video marketing needs to be a part of your strategy? If you are ready to take the next step but not sure where to start, New Story can help. Click here to watch a video on how we help clarify your message, create powerful marketing material, engage your clients, and grow your business.